Wednesday 16 December 2009

Magazine Front Cover.



My magazine uses some of the conventions used in the 'Smash Hits' magazine. For example, both magazines have a bold title that stretches across the top of the page. I have chosen to crop one image so that each of the girls where closer together, however they are on different levels and have completely different, colourful looks and are posing differently, this convention is also used is Smash hits, as all of the members of the band are on different levels and are also posing differently and all look different. I have also used a circle to highlight a free poster that is available within the magazine as Smash Hits does. I have also used different colours to indicate some of the contents of the page which is another shared convention. However, I feel I have challenged some conventions of this magazine as I feel I used brighter colours to present the pop genre, my title, puffs and image stand out better than those of the Smash Hits magazine. Although the Smash Hits magazine has more puffs, I think that if I used that convention my magazine would look overcrowded and tacky therefore I chose not to use that convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment