Wednesday 16 December 2009

Double page spread

The conventions I have used that other magazines have used are the use of columns for each section. I have used a big title to introduce the band which stretches to the next page, which I found is often used is magazine double page spreads. Also, after research, I have found that most magazine's tend to have one main picture and a few other smaller pictures, I have also used this convention. And I have started the article by setting the scene and finished it by looking into the future and have included snipets of an interview in between the article which is another convention I have used. However, most magazines tend to stick to one colour of font for the article, I have three colours, but the reason for this was if I kept it all black the consumer wouldn't be able to read the middle two columns so I changed them both to pink to match the title, but then I couldn't read the third column so I had to change that and I used purple as I also used that in the title. Also, the main picture is formed out of three separate images which challenges most magazine conventions as it's normally just one image, but I chose to use separate images as I wanted it to look a bit quirky and different from other magazines.

2 comments:

  1. Your double page spread looks really professional. The pictures are really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour scheme you've used is great it's very reflective of the group you've wrote about :)

    ReplyDelete